Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Last Supper








Yesterday, the boyz and I made cookies all afternoon for the Monday night potluck dinner. 
The all afternoon aspect was in part due to my tiny oven and one tiny baking sheet! However, all the rolling, shaping, cooling and decorating take time too!
At Santee Lakes on Monday nights, we have been enjoying potluck dinners with the other camper/residents here. 
The dinner starts with a bell ringing at 6:30 and ends up with board games (or for our kids playing at the park in the dark:)) 
The kids have had an interesting medley of foods at times... bread plus dessert comes to mind :) But, other times there has been lots for their vegetarian palates. 
Anyways, I just thought I would document this as the kids really had fun with their first Christmas baking of the season, Christmas wrapping of Secret Santa gifts and our last weekly potluck dinner. 
We move on to Newport Beach, California on December 13th. 

As a side note, if you noticed yesterdays photo of the day...that was indicative of our morning...5 loads later and there's still more I could do! We enjoy the laundry room though, as you can get huge amounts of laundry done in an hour and a half and have a bigggg table to sort it out on (or play on:)) I told the kids that after this laundry session, they are only allowed to wear one outfit for the week! :) Maybe we should become nudists (or do they say naturalists) and find a family nudist park and then all the sand, dirt, bugs, wet yucky mud can just fall off their bodies and I would have no laundry to worry about...what do ya think? hee hee

No comments: