Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Going through the Motions

As we go through the motions of getting ready to go on our Adventure, there are many tasks at hand. Today, Jeff will pick up our passports in Toronto! Yay! Also, today is October, 1st, so it marks one month until our leave date of November 1st. We can't believe it's so close! We continue to make lists, organize and are planning the beginning stages of our trip. So far, we have decided on San Diego, California as our first destination for November and part of December. Following that, we will go to Tucson, Arizona for the rest of December through February. Currently, Lisa is looking into K.O.A. locations as pit stops along the way towards California to ensure we are all well-rested, showered and have places to burn off couped up energy! We are waiting with baited breath for our trailer to be delivered. Once it arrives, Jeff will take a crash course in towing and backing-up...a task he's somewhat unsure of but will master quickly, I'm sure. :) Then, we will be able to pack the trailer and figure out what our needs are as we go along. Wish us luck dispensing with items we really don't need and making choices that simplify our lives...
Matt's most recent comments regarding our trip to make us smile:

"Let's just get some random trailer and go."


Question: "Matt, what are you looking forward to on the trip?"

Answer: "Going on the biggest roller coaster I'm allowed on!"

Lucas telling Grandma Goodman:
"Well, we won't have to mow the lawn anymore." (Jeff echoes that... :)
Thanks to Vivian for her practical and informative information regarding Road tripping! I will post pictures of the trailer once we get it and more information will follow.

Along with many 'firsts' this is my first blog ... as we go through this process, I look forward to other 'first' experiences and sharing them with all of you.


Thanks for reading...Keep checking in....


8 comments:

Peter (Laurie's Dad) said...

Laurie .... I don't know what I'm doing but found this empty box to type in.
Let's see what happens now

laurie l. goodman said...

Hi Dad,

I could read your comment... glad you were my first visitor! :) L

laura said...

happy happy travels, laur and boyz...
we're so excited for you!
much love
xoxooooooo
laur and boyz
:o)

KC said...

Bon Voyage and enjoy your journey. Looking forward to all your stories!

Caroline H. and Ashley

Michelle said...

I can't wait to read your big adventures. Have fun.

Joy said...

Hi Laurie
I can feel your excitment building. I am so glad you are blogging your travels. It will be great to follow along. Enjoy each day of the adventure and especially this awesome time with your family.
Take care...

Carol ッ said...

SO looking forward to your blogging once you all get started!! Have a great time!!

Rosemary said...

Hi Laurie and Jeff:

What a wonderful adventure you are embarking on. We are so proud of you. And to be able to do it as a family must be a real bonus.
We wish you godspeed along the way, and will follow your blogs with interest.
May you have fair weather, good roads and nothing but happy memories to look back on.
Much love from Rosemary and Ian