The day Matt was born, we all breathed a sigh of relief.... I also shed tears of joy and gratitude for this healthy baby boy. Matt had given us a scare or two while I was pregnant and let's just say we were thinking he'd be 1-4 pounds for a while and coming much too early rather than the 9 pounds, 2 ounces that he ended up being-and just about on time! :)
From the beginning, I adored Matt. We all did of course... He was just a happy, easy-going baby... I always tell him that just when I thought he was asleep while I was rocking him, I'd look down and he would be staring up and me smiling from ear to ear. :) Sometimes, I'd avoid looking at him for a while and then take a peek - he'd always catch me and there was that smile again. It filled me up each and every time. I'll never forget that about him. I loved every minute of it....
As the years have gone by, Matt has made us laugh till we cried, especially at the dinner table. He has amazed us with his resilience, especially when wrestling with his brothers. He has an incredible memory and knack for logical thinking. He comes up with 'plans' and 'steps' to achieve a desired result. Matt can tell you how and when he learned specific things. He is empathetic and caring towards others and is gentle and loving towards children who are younger than he is... Matt is expressive...as you know I take a few pics, but I have the widest variety of emotions captured on his face over anyone else... Matt loves music and has the best 'moves' out of our whole family... he remembers the words to tons of songs and is usually humming or singing at any given time... Matt also loves lego, marine mammals, art, science, playing, books, Nintendo DS, swimming, road hockey, photography, building, climbing, Willow, all his friends and family! His confidence, genuine nature and BIG imagination make me smile... I love all of who he is and always will...
Happy Birthday Matt!
We love you and are soooooo proud of you!
Hope you have a memorable day!
4 comments:
happy birthday matt. I hope you enjoyed your day.
I got goosebumps reading all of this. What a beautiful testimony of your love and your insight into who Matt is.
Happy Birthday, Matt! I hope your day was great.
Happy Birthday to Matt!!!
Flor (floreshayes@gmail.com)
hkpanda.freetzi.com
What a great guy. Happy Birthday!
Post a Comment