Sunday, June 26, 2011

An Herb-Splitting Visit











I have to decided that my inspired area of interest in the garden is herbs! When I made this proclamation to myself, I dutifully enlisted/called and consulted with my 'herb specialist' Cindy. We are now quite excited for plans to grow, dry and utilize herbs in a variety of ways separately in our own gardens, but will come together with ideas, ask questions of one another and create different uses for our herbs-hopefully including gifts, teas and practical applications.

I also posted on facebook. I asked if anyone had any herbs to split. Lesley was the first to respond and told me she had oregano for me. She asked after my lemon balm, so I took her a plant of it the other day. One unhappily transplanted in the pot plant. When we got to her house, she showed me what she had potted up for me...OMG... a huge container of oregano!!! I am not sure yet where it's going. So sweet of her!

This was also an excuse to finally go over and meet the chickens, bunny and bearded dragon plus see our friends.

What a beautifully large and established yard they have, filled with multiple plants and trees! Just lovely!

The kids played, met the animals, went to the park and had lunch.

I took a pic with Sarah and her famous extra-large chocolate chip cookie. Letting her know, that if we are going to hang out and be friends, she needs to get used to her picture being taken. :)

Thank you so much for sharing your garden, food and home Lesley and crew!

Looking forward to more visits.

No comments: