Friday, June 17, 2011

Garden Update

















So, the garden is growing along. :)

Some plants faster than others.

It is interesting to note how placement of plants in different locations, soil mixtures and containers vs. raised beds, can make such a difference. I know that is common sense, yet when you do it for yourself, it really hits home more...you know?

All the boys enjoy checking the gardens and eating from them, but Josh is the one who consistently goes out...and many times before me. When we get up, I say, 'have you checked the gardens yet?' If he hasn't done it yet, he enthusiastically drops whatever he is doing and goes out to check, then comes back in and gives me an update/report on what has changed. Many times, hurrying me to come out and see.

What a pleasure it is to have this shared interest with him. I'm sure it would put a smile on our mentor/friend/farmer, Kim's face to note this about him although, it wouldn't surprise her. Josh lovvveed going to her farm on a regular basis.

Recently, he said, "I like flowers and all, but I really like planting seeds that turn into food I can eat!"

Looking forward to an abundant growing season!

No comments: