Sunday, August 16, 2009

Back Home Again

While being on the road is in our blood now, our journey has led us home again and I do mean home again.

Out of the goodness of their hearts, Jo and Al (Jeff's parents) have welcomed us to live in the self-contained apartment in their basement for the winter. This ensures our warmth and protection while the snow is blowing but also gives us some more time to make decisions and see where things land.

We have been making the transition into the space over the past two weeks and have enjoyed a lovely weekend here.

Can you say- large kitchen counter, flowers in the garden and now on our kitchen table, regular sized fridge, oven and bathtub, laundry on the same level and regular-sized beds? Yay!

These are some of the perks, but more than that we have spent some time with our nephew, Daniel and continue to see our family in close proximity. Daniel has a big imagination and lots of energy. He loves to play with the boys and they feel the same way. Being close to the family ensures easy access for visits and allows us to be readily available in case anyone needs a helping hand.

(Willow has also enjoyed the extra bodies around who pay her extra attention!)

I awoke to the sun rising over Jo's wild garden and Al's lush lawn...birds chirping...and the boyz peacefully sleeping... as I sip my coffee and prepare to read my new book, I feel calm and thankful for our loved ones and this special time for us to be together.

Thanks Jo and Al!

*I took some shots of the garden, but will have to add them later.

No comments: