Wednesday, May 20, 2009

The Spell of Salt Spring Island























The suspense builds as you take in the views from the ferry to Salt Spring Island and as you disembark, a trance of relaxation and wonder sets in ... 

This past weekend, we were blessed in so many ways. Primarily, we were blessed to visit with dear friends, Janet, Kevin and Master Kieran at their Island home. Not only has it been a dream of ours to do this for some time now, it was lovely to spend time with familiar faces and make lasting memories. 

It is rather difficult to articulate our feelings from the weekend.... we are so 'full' - our itinerary was packed with breathtaking scenery, hikes, walks, horse riding, playing, kayaking, beach combing, wildlife sightings and winding, tree-lined roads-the best kind of course.... Personally, I was so taken aback by the beauty of the Island and the sense of calm that I was overcome with emotion at times... Truly,  I can see why my cousin considers Salt Spring to be a spiritual place and why our friends have chosen it to be the place they call home...

This whirlwind weekend would not have been possible without our friends and we are full of appreciation for their hospitality and thoughtfulness. 

We all had difficulty leaving and look forward to going back to this 'paradise' -as Jeff had put it... very soon!



2 comments:

Show Us The World said...

This has to be one of the most beautiful places I've ever laid eyes on. Thank you for capturing it so well with your pictures. Your friend is stunning too!

I have to make my way up there someday!

Michelle said...

How nice for you all to enjoy some time with friends you wouldn't normally see.