When I think of my first University roommate and friend, Sharon... I remember our days at Queens...the first thing that comes to mind is sharing black currant tea and cheesecake at the Chinese Laundry Cafe...
I also think of how our room appeared...my side kinda full and messy with a noticeable 8X10 framed photo of Jeff dominating my desk while Sharon's side was neat, tidy, clean and orderly-the bed always made. :)
Now, I admire Sharon so, as one of those people who can and will do anything...and do it well. A nurse, mother, friend, gardener, farmer, builder, traveler-the list goes on.
I appreciate my old friends and how we can easily connect on and off through the years.
Isn't it nice when you can know someone who is just happy to hear your voice and all of your happenings...there's no drama...no judgement and always ending a call or note with the hope to see each other again sometime.
Yesterday, that happened for us-and I am so glad that it did.
No comments:
Post a Comment