Monday, February 9, 2009

love at first sight














I've been asking for peace and harmony with a dash of tranquility...
It seems we have found a place that emanates all three...

On Saturday evening, we landed in Fort Mc Dowell, Arizona; just east of Phoenix. We are staying at a four year old park called, Eagle View RV Resort. (www.eagleviewrvresort.com)

Despite an unexpected change in the location of our site, we were rather overcome by how warm it was and couldn't help but be distracted by the dark blue sky lit up by a pure white, round moon.  Absolutely breathtaking and as quiet as a library...

The kids enjoyed an evening swim with their friends to shake their sillies out after a day of driving.

We slept to sounds of heavy rain coming and going...

As the coffee brewed on Sunday morning, we listened to more rain. We were delighted to note that the Internet here rocks compared to Newport. Once the rain took a break, we checked out the continental breakfast and registered at the office. So far, we have found everyone here to be very friendly and readily helpful. 

As we ran errands, I had Jeff stop so I could take pictures along the way. I'm looking forward to returning to some local places with the boys this week. When we came home, it wasn't long before we faced two hail storms! The sky looked so amazing with a mixture of cloud formations; providing contrast to the mountains and landscape. As Jeff napped and the kids played, I enjoyed a personal photo excursion and walk around the grounds. Basically, I was in image-making heaven! 

With all the rain, it's a wonder we are in the desert. But like most places nowadays; what was predictable about the weather, is no longer ... and so far, Arizona is no exception.  

Looking forward to exploring tomorrow and pulling up a chair to watch the sky transform and hear the birds sing their songs...


1 comment:

Michelle said...

I can't wait to see the fun that Arizona will bring.