I just figured out that I formatted the disc on my camera before taking of some really fun shots from our first campfire in the backyard this year.
I usually take my photos off right away, so I must have assumed I had done that.
What a bummer!
So, I will write about our evening instead of show pics. (Although I have a couple of Josh cutting our wood.)
We gathered wood and twigs for our fire-hot dogs, veggie dogs and s'more ingredients... the boys made a wicked t-pee of twigs to start it off. I mean really wicked!
In and out of all of our preparations, Oliver was let off lead by accident and escaped the back door 3 times. Each time, running through burs on the ground! Omg!
I am experienced at getting his burs out now, but really three times! eek! As I brush his beautiful coat, I am thinking a 'summer cut' might be inevitable especially here on the farm-but it's gonna hurt to see it go.
Regardless though, we made really yummy food, got really gooey dirty and had that campfire smell clinging to our hair and clothes really fast. Gotta love it.
One of my fave memories though was our go-round the group and tell a story bit by bit, one after the other. Then, the next person gets to start a new story. You should have seen the expressions on faces...smiles and laughs and expressive hand gestures especially by Matt! Jeff shaking his head and smiling at the silly crazy adventures the boys would come up with! Lots of laughs!
I look forward to doing that again and remembering to get my pics of the disc!
All in all a great, full and productive day... a visit to the bookshelf with lucas, climbing, gardening, walks and time together around the fire with the promise of many more days like this to come!
No comments:
Post a Comment