Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Canoe Build: Weekend Seven: Part 2 Final Day































So, our final day came along...it was hard to believe. We enjoyed many light-hearted final moments with Roger when he kicked into his goofy mode! Again though, it was bittersweet as we had enjoyed the process and didn't want it to end and therefore, it was a quiet ride home.

We are very excited now for spring as we look forward to testing our boat out!

Thanks to Roger and my family for working hard as a team to make a beautiful canoe that we hope will be well-used, creating many memories for years to come.

2 comments:

Karen said...

It's all kinds of awesome!
I'm envious - I love canoeing and that one looks like a beauty.
Karen

Geoff Maritz said...

One December about 25 years ago I built a rowing tender for my children's Christmas present, nothing nearly as beautiful as your canoe and done in about 1 week, but they still have that little boat today and still use it. Amazing1 Your boat really is very beautiful, well done.