One one hand, I don't like being backed-up in recording the events of our lives on this blog-on the other hand, it makes me happy that we have so many wonderful things happening in our lives that I can't keep up with the posts! :)
At Christmas, Jeff gave me an updated hardcopy of our blog from when we returned to Ontario after our trip up until the beginning of our Canoe-Build! Reading through it, reminded me that I'm so happy that I've taken the time to document many highlights of what we are up to... and you know what, I enjoyed reading through it... I'm liking the 'stories' of our life. I'm so glad the boys and our family have the opportunities we do and I'm very grateful also... I don't take this life for granted for one minute.
All this being the reason, that despite the fact I'm late posting these moments, I still think it's important to do....to remember... it makes me smile.
On winter solstice this year, we went to Crawford Lake in the afternoon...now, we have seen beautiful Crawford Lake during 3 of the 4 seasons! The sun was shining and the lake was frozen over! There was a cool ice patch in the middle of the trail which the boys had a blast sliding on! We left seeds for the birds and carefully walked around the boardwalk. I was so happy to have this time alone with the boys although we did think of years gone by when we had shared this type of walk with Aidan, Anna and Juli to celebrate solstice.
Later that night we lit the candles and plugged in the tree to enjoy a festive meal with our good friends Lisa, Will, Katie, Maddy and Ali. I feel like I've already written about this-and perhaps I have. But, it was just a wonderful day-one that we won't soon forget.
No comments:
Post a Comment