Monday, October 19, 2009

Happy 10th Birthday Josh!






Well, the time has come.

Double digits for Josh!

Wow... I can't believe he's 10 years old today.

Of course I can look back and remember his birth like it was yesterday.

Like all my babies, Josh came into the world a little earlier than expected. We were all on the edge of our seats wondering if he would be a boy or a girl. Everyone was delighted to see another blue-eyed beauty and were so thrilled that he was healthy. There were some complications after his birth and I am so thankful that he had his Daddy, friends and family to spend time cuddling with him after he was born.

Lucas was especially excited to be a big brother and his eyes lit up around Josh. Josh was such a smiley little soul, that Lucas coined the term 'happy Josh' when referring to his brother. We have many pictures of these two adoring one another.

Josh was a mover and a shaker from a young age. His legs and arms were always flapping. :) He loved his sleep and we didn't have trouble getting him to go down... It didn't take long to see that Josh was a fearless little explorer and climber. He loves collecting little things and is quite a pack rat! :) Josh also loves swimming, hockey, beach combing, cooking, photography, looking for critters, volunteering at the farm, animals, climbing trees, pokemon, computer games and much more. He is one of those kids who is willing to try just about anything. He loves to play with friends and likes to keep moving. He doesn't sit still for long, let's put it that way. He's always up for an adventure! Josh is exceptionally generous in heart and spirit. He is in tune with other people and how they are feeling and is sensitive to their ups and downs....always checking in to see how he can make you feel better and is exceptionally happy when those around him feel the same.

Josh is wise and intuitive and reminds Jeff and I that kids are people too!

When he was a little dude, he always said, "I love you AND I like you." Well, the feeling is mutual my darlin'... we all feel the same.

Happy Birthday my little 'bean'... Hope you have a memorable day!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Double digits woohoo!
Happy Birthday!

I remember telling my friends I was a teenager because of double digits, lol

Michelle said...

Another birthday so soon. Happy Birthday to you Josh. Hope your day was swell.