Thursday, October 29, 2009

Acceptance

I have to say, I am surprised.

I am surprised that no matter how evolved we are, no matter what we've learned from the past... we still lack acceptance for others...for the way they think, the way they dress, what they eat, how they parent and the list goes on... and hey, I'm not totally exempt from this... so I'm not standing on a high horse...

But, it doesn't seem to matter what circle I'm in, this lack of compassion and understanding exists. Extreme belief systems don't allow room for individualism of thought. I would have thought that people who appear to be more 'enlightened' would exude more love, positivity and trust in others. That however, is not always the case. Staunch attitudes can lead to cliques in the 'alternative' world just as much as in the mainstream. If you don't fit into that mold, you feel just as judged or shunned as if you didn't fit into the 'mainstream' mold.

Haven't we learned that in accepting our own truths, we owe it to others to accept theirs?

I think the adage, 'live and let live' applies here... it's my motto of late... :)

1 comment:

Show Us The World said...

Well said and a good reminder to me to extend the same gift of living ones life to others, in the same way that I seek it for myself.