

Jeff had quite a birthday weekend!
Turning 40 is quite an event and I don't think he really felt its impact until the actual day. His kids are growing up way too fast, way too tall right in front of his eyes and he is feeling his age. I asked him if he still felt like he was 25 and he said no, I feel 40!
We agreed we'd remember the weekend for: fun times spent with friends and family, watching his mom play wii golf, the fact my parents moved closer to us to a great place, a delicious brunch, yummy dinners, banana birthday cake, planning paddling passages, cool canoeing presents, a cozy handmade quilt by Jo, quiet time together and learning about new knots to tie with the boys.
Yes, Jeff's interest in knots quickly became an interest for the boys and he made sure they all had ropes to practice on. I love that kind of unplanned learning and the fact that they all have another activity they like doing together.
Jeff loved the photographic journal we made to document the creation of our canoe. We all look forward to having adventures on the water together-it feels like we are on the cusp of a new chapter of our lives ....
Here's to the next 40 years, new experiences, excursions, joy and memorable times together.
No comments:
Post a Comment