Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Winterfest 2010







I know it's been a while since I've added to the blog. Somehow, life has been busy despite the cold temps that tend to keep us inside more than we'd like. On the weekend, we made our way out for Winterfest in Newmarket where lots of activities at all our fave spots were awaiting us. We started by enjoying a $1 pancake breakfast after I submitted 3 winter images to the photo contest taking place that day. The kids did the indoor activities like mini golf, mini bowling and snowflake guessing. Afterwards, we made our way to Fairy Lake for 'hockey shoot' and an extremely cold ride on the ferris wheel! We could have done other things there, but man it was cold. The kids and Jeff ran off of the ride begging to go home, somewhere warm. Instead, we walked to our favourite coffee shop on Main St., called, Covernotes where we had hot chocolate and decorated cookies. Once we thawed out, we went back to the Community Centre to see if my photos placed. In fact, I won! Yay! The winning photo was of Matt in the snow. I'll have to post it. I won a tripod with a case. Yay! All in all, a fun day that put smiles on our faces.

2 comments:

l said...

Congratulations !!! You deserve to be a winner with your photographs ! YEAH!!!

longfroggyappteam said...

Not surprised you won. You have great photos!!