Sunday, January 17, 2010

Winter Walk With Josh








These are a few shots from a morning winter walk with Josh at Fairy Lake. It was minus 9, without the windchill on this day, yet the sun was shining which really took the edge off. Lucas was thick into a book and I knew he wouldn't want to be torn away from it and Matt was busy with the wii when we decided to go. Josh is always up for an adventure so, off we went with Willow and cameras in hand. We decided to take turns holding Willow while we took pics. :)

I'm still getting used to the fact that Lucas has his 'babysitting license' which gives our family some more flexibility. Now, not everyone has to always come and do things that we used to have to do altogether. If one person is busy doing something, they don't always have to drop what they are doing to go grocery shopping or whatever pops up. Jeff and I have enjoyed a few 'dates' of late as Lucas can be here with the boys. I find we have to remind ourselves that this is possible. A new phase... more change... it's all good, yet new and different for us.

I don't know about everyone else, but change is all around me lately. I mean, I know it's always there...but, wow, lately, big stuff is going on with everyone it seems. I hope that we can all ride the waves and know that calmer ripples will eventually be more predominant. Right now, I'd go for glass-clear stillness, but that doesn't appear to be realistic. :) Well, as Jeff has been saying a lot lately, "it is what it is." :)


2 comments:

Show Us The World said...

Oh these are stunning. I found myself sucking my breath in, expecting to feel the cold air. You have really been honing your craft, haven't you? I tried to pick a fellow FOTR photographers brain for photo tips and he said shoot in manual. Uh...thanks...but I don't know how to shoot in manual...that is why I wanted tips, lol. Your pics are inspiring me to just do it to see what comes of it.

Neat perspective on the season you are in right now with being able to have a bit more individual freedoms. I still tend to not enjoy change and have to work at finding the positives there.

laurie l. goodman said...

thanx krystal! i've been playing with manual focus lately which tends to elicit the 'bokeh' effects and of course focus on very specific parts of an object...gives you more control...but, you need time and 'still' objects! :) next, is playing with aperture and shutter speed priority settings under different conditions.
yes, life is constant change really-sometimes i wonder why we try so hard to box life up and keep it the same all the time- cuz that doesn't last. :)
you continue to be an inspiration to me krystal! keep shooting and let's see more of your wonderful work on flickr!