When living and learning through life, children's social interactions are not mainly saturated with same age/ same sex cliques or groupings- instead, they are more open and accepting of all people on their path~
It has been a delight to watch our boyz have friends of all ages and both genders over the years
A bonus is that they consider adults to be their friends as much as young people
On Valentine's, the boyz were just as likely to make a card for a 4 year old friend as they would a 40 something year old friend :)
Furthermore, as adults, we have developed friendships, admiration and love for the children in our groups as well
We really enjoy spending time with all people in community
and hanging out with our friends, young and old alike.
3 comments:
you do have a blog!
i'm so excited to see that!
thanks for stopping by mine!
I love this about living the life we do. You summed it up so well.
When we were heading to the FOTR rally, a friend asked if Austin was excited at the thought of being around travelers his age. I said, oh..I am not sure...he hasn't really said anything along those lines. He is just happy to be around people.
Well, she kept pressing and pressing...as if it couldn't be so that he wasn't thrilled to have KIDS to talk to. I finally asked him and he said just as I suspected...nah, not really...just happy to be around other people.
I went back and tried to share that with her and why I believe he sees life/people that way. I just couldn't seem to convey the whole idea to her so I finally dropped it.
They came to visit us shortly after, and one of the days her dd must have said five or six times how she wished my dd was there...because there were only BOYS to hang out with. I realized then that there was no way for her to "get" the difference...she just hasn't experienced it with her children yet.
As if this isn't long enough-we are still planning to come through Canada this summer. It looks like it will be end of June/first of Julyish. Hoping we can visit you!
Krystal
thanx for sharing krystal! wow! we would love to see u! we could go on a photo shoot! :) i'll email u.
Post a Comment